Monday, November 30, 2009

Does make up really ever expire? like eye shadow?

Ok so i been seeing in magazines a lot that makeup expires 3 months to a year depending on the kind...i mean i get that eventually mascara clumps..but like i have eye liner and shadow from 3 years ago that i still use... i mean i dont wanna throw everything out..so if it goes on and look ok..is it safe? Its not like i buy just one of each i have like eye liner and shadow in every color and 10mascaras and lallala... did i waste money? You cant really use all that in short time!Does make up really ever expire? like eye shadow?
I have never listened to that 3 month rule. There is no way I can use all of it in as little as 3 months.. I still have eyeliner from 3+ years ago that I use. Nothing bad has ever happend.. So I dont see anything wrong with it.My mascara is the only thing that I probably do replace after 3 months.. and well like you said its because it clumps.Does make up really ever expire? like eye shadow?
Some things like blush and eyeshadow and the like will last for a couple of years if you take good care of it and always handle the makeup and your brushes hygienically, but yes, bacteria does start to grow in your makeup. Liquid/stick eyeliner and mascara should be changed several times a year, every 3-6 months. I recommend finding drugstore brands that work for you, because buying the expensive kinds from Sephora is a waste of money for such a short-lived product, and drugstore eye makeup can be just as good. I still use expensive eyeshadows that I bought as a college freshmen (I'm a junior now) and your liner will last longer if it's powder liner that you apply with a brush, so eh. You don't need to rotate super frequently--I'd only toss something out after 3 months if it broke or dried out that quickly--but do keep the age of your products in mind.





Remember to clean your brushes frequently and throw out powderpuffs and sponges every couple of months.
Eyeshadow - powder ones can last for a long time. Mousse ones may start to clump or smell funny after too long, in which case, bin it.





If your foundation and other liquid based cosmetic starts to smell funny or lumps up, then bin it.





Mascara - every three months.





Eyeliner - if you have it for too long then the bacteria builds up so it's best to bin it if you've had to for more than a year.





Lipstick and lip gloss - if it starts to smell funny... bin it.
I have two make up boxes full of make-up! Yeah I heard that is does expire, but so what? I doubt that it's dangerous. I bought a chanel eyeliner once for $37 and there's no way in hell im gonna throw that away cause it was WAYY to expensive. I barely even use it, just for special ocasion, so really i dont care if it expires. Im not gonna die and im not gonna throw out anything. If it still works, use it :D
umm..eyeliner that old is a health hazard! like everything else, bacteria grows on make-up and that's why you need to throw that stuff out! you'll get eye infections from that!
i know mascara does, it goes all dry and thick and clumpy...NASTY!!
  • norton antivirus 2007
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    pigment